John “Buddy” Quinones, 57, of Bayonne, formerly of Hoboken, passed away on August 1, 2020.
Born to Elizabeth Galarza and Jose Elias Quinones on January 25, 1963, John was a Hoboken native for many years and was well known in the community. He was a dedicated worker in caring for his family and in his role as a forklift operator for 30 years at the Stahl Soap Company in Hoboken. Always eager to work and build with his hands, John found comfort in working around his home, tinkering, repairing, and building. A kind heart to all, he will be dearly missed by many.
John rejoins his dear son, Jonathan Jay Quinones and his beloved partner, Carmen Rivera, in the care of God’s peace. His memory will be honored by his loving parents, his beloved children, John Jr. Quinones, John Quinones, Jaffet Guenard, Fabian Quinones, Alexandra Guenard, Jessica Guenard, Jaidira Ruiz, Sasha Quinones, as well as his eight cherished grandchildren, siblings, and many friends.
In tribute to John, his family now shares their words here:
- In recent days it was nice to get to talk to you, we made plans but God had better ones. Rest easy dad! Love your oldest John.
- Thank you for always loving Josh and I like one of your own. You were an amazing grandad, we’re so grateful. You will always be my dad!
- We love you so much and will miss you but we will never forget you! R.I.P Buddy, Love your daughter Ale and Grandson Josh. P.S. “Happy Mother’s Day!
Visitation for John will be held on Friday, August 7, 2020 from 6:00 – 9:00 PM at Lawton-Turso Funeral Home in Hoboken (633 Washington Street, corner of Washington and Seventh, parking on Seventh). Cremation private.
For the safety of in-person attendees and our staff, gatherings at Lawton-Turso Funeral Home will currently follow the latest guidelines as described here:
- All people attending must wear a mask while inside and around the outside of the funeral home.
- For safety, the number of attendees indoors will be limited to 50 attendees at a time at the discretion of the management.
- All attendees must practice social distancing while paying their respects.
- In the event of changes to these safety practices, please watch this page for the latest updates.
2 thoughts on “John “Buddy” Quinones – August 1, 2020”
We shared our teenage life together , as it was a stage of learning from each other . With seven years invested into the relationship we had two of the most beautiful children John & Johnathan . For that I live greatful .
Your death has impacted me with sadness , however I know your happy to be with your son now . May you rest in eternal peace my dear . You’ll be remembered always and forever ! RIP
Buddy you were an amazing Dad and grandpa to Kassie and I. I just wished your other two granddaughters could have gotten the opportunity to spend sometime with you and experience the love you shared with us! I will make sure they know what a great GRANDPA and GRANDMA they have in heaven watching over them! You will truly be missed! It breaks my heart once we return stateside neither you nor mom will be there 🥺 Please know that we love you with all our hearts! RIP Dad!!!!